What's Cooking? Flourless Fudge Cookie Cups

Thursday, March 3, 2011

Our Favorite Recipe this week: Flourless Fudge Cookies!

I found this recipe while perusing the King Arthur Flour website - and yes, I did find it interesting that a flour company has a recipe for something that does not use flour. :)

This was my first time making these and my ingredients varied slightly from the recipe, so I am not sure if that is why my batter came out runny. It was too runny for me to use a regular cookie sheet as I would have had one giant cookie, so I used my muffin pans and made cookie cups.



How I made them:

Ingredients
* 2 1/4 cups confectioners' sugar
* 1/4 teaspoon salt
* 1 cup cocoa powder
* 3 large egg whites
* 2 teaspoons vanilla extract

Directions
1) Preheat the oven to 350°F. Lightly grease two muffin pans
2) Stir together all of the ingredients till smooth. Scrape the bottom and sides of the bowl, and stir again till smooth
3) Scoop the dough into the prepared muffin pans using a tablespoon or cookie scoop
4) Bake the cookies for 8 minutes; they should spread, become somewhat shiny, and develop faintly crackly tops.
5) Remove the pans from the oven, and allow the cookies to cool in the pans for 15minutes.
6) Remove the cookie cups from the pans and place on waxed paper for further cooling

We all loved them, but I will admit, they were very sweet - just one cookie for dessert was enough, and they were best served with milk!

2 comments:

Cheryl said...

those look sooooooooo yummy!

Beth Jones said...

OHHH! And I have all the ingredients too! I like the idea of those being flourless, save my flour for other things. :)